When you become a client of one of our programs, you share important personal information with us. You do this so we can serve you better and knowing we would honour and respect your privacy. Your trust will not be misplaced as we are committed to meeting the privacy standards applicable to you.
What will personal information be used for?
The personal information we collect, use and disclose may be used to:
- ensure your information is accurate and up-to-date
- determine your eligibility for insurance and financial products and services
- acquire or renew insurance and financial products and services through our office or, if we are unable to do this, through another financial services company with whom we have a strategic alliance
- assess your need or eligibility for other products and services that may be of interest to you, and to offer these products and services to you
- provide insurance, investment, or financial advice
- determine prices, fees and premiums
- detect and prevent fraud
- confirm insurance coverage to lien-holders, mortgagees, lessors, and to other parties as deemed necessary by you
- compile statistics, conduct market research and report to regulatory and industry agencies
- comply with the law; or comply with tax requirements
Personal information may be collected, used or disclosed for any of the Identified Purposes set out above.
The collection, use and disclosure of your personal information depend on how you do business with us. We may gather information from the following sources:
- from you, on applications or on other forms filled out through telephone, e-mail or face-to-face interviews (for example your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, financial and banking information, and health information)
- from your interactions with us (such as telephone calls, underwriting, your payment history and claims)
- from insurance companies, brokers, agents
- from adjusters and inspectors
- from government, consumer reporting agencies, credit organizations, financial institutions, medical professionals and other entities as required to underwrite a policy (for example obtaining information on your driving record and claims history)
- signing a Personal Information Consent Form;
- your receipt of this Personal Information Policy or our Policy Summary;
- your receipt and acceptance of policy renewals;
- your provision of information to us, including your express written or oral consent as obtained through an application process; or
- your consent as provided by your authorized representative, such as a legal guardian, power of attorney, or other representative acting on your behalf.
In some circumstances, your specific consent may not be obtained. For instance:
Where the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is in your interest and timely consent is unavailable.
In some circumstances, your consent may be implied. For instance:
If you obtain insurance or financial products for your family, employees, or anyone else, you represent that you have obtained consent from them, even though they might not be present during the application process, to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information for the Identified Purposes.
If you have an existing insurance policy or financial contract with you and us request amendments to the policy or contract, it is assumed that the consent that you gave to us when buying the original policy remains in effect. We do not consider a regular updating of information in your file to be a new purpose and, therefore, we will not seek a new consent for this purpose.
To withdraw your consent, you should contact our Privacy Officer at the address or telephone number listed. Unless we hear otherwise from you, you are giving to us your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as provided in this Policy for the Identified Purposes.
In the event that we transfer your personal information to a third party for processing (for example, when printing correspondence, managing client statements, or for data processing), we will use reasonable means to ensure that client personal information is given a comparable level of protection while being processed by the third party. If not practical to obtain written assurances, we may choose to make a written notation in our own file(s).
Please make your request in writing to KRS Insurance’s Privacy Officer, stating as specifically as possible which personal information you are requesting.
We will try to respond to such requests as soon as possible, and will advise you if for some reason we cannot respond right away. KRS Insurance may charge you a reasonable fee for providing access to your personal information, but only after first advising you of the approximate cost.
In providing you with a list of the organizations to which we have disclosed any of your information, we will try to be as precise as possible. When it is not possible to provide an exact list of such organizations to which we have actually disclosed your personal information, KRS Insurance shall provide a list of organizations to which we may have disclosed the information. KRS Insurance has the right to refuse your request for access to personal information if:
- the information is protected by solicitor-client privilege
- granting access would reveal confidential commercial information
- doing so would reasonably be expected to threaten the life or security of another individual
- the information was collected for purposes related to the detection and prevention of fraud
- the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process
- or the information would likely reveal personal information about another individual
If we are not able to resolve your concern, or if you have any other concerns about KRS Insurance’s Personal Information Policy and procedures, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. KRS Insurance’s Privacy Officer will provide you with this contact information upon request.
This Personal Information Policy is subject to any amendments that will be available from KRS Insurance’s Privacy Officer.
171 Main St. S., Suite 6D
Newmarket ON L3Y 3Y9
Telephone No.: 1-888-577-3210
Fax No.: 905-853-1972
E-mail address: email@example.com